Strategic Plan – Objectives
1. Kurbingui to be a leader in quality Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Service provision
– Meeting all key funding requirements and key performance indicators.
– To provide ongoing opportunities for staff professional development, training and supervision.
– To increase program collaboration and referrals within Kurbingui.
– Develop a strong integrated culture within Kurbingui.
2. Kurbingui to have a strong relationship and engagement with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
– To develop a clear communication and promotion strategy including both local and wider community.
– Increase the frequency of community accessing Kurbingui hubs .
– For Kurbingui staff and Board to prioritise, attend and play active roles in relevant community events.
– For Kurbingui to continue to host regular community events on Kurbingui premises.
3. Kurbingui to be a flexible, sustainable and financially autonomous organisation able to respond directly to community need
– Kurbingui obtaining revenue from various fee for service and business opportunities focused around employment training and cultural support.
– Kurbingui has developed an organisational structure to support future business development and its integration with government funded programs.
– Kurbingui to utilise business generated funds for development of community-driven Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs and projects.
4. Kurbingui to have strong supportive relationships with relevant community stakeholders and strategic partners
– Identify and establish relevant partnerships to develop opportunities for future funding.
– To establish and maintain formal relationships with other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations to enhance collaborative service provision and better awareness of community need.
– To identify and establish relevant partnerships to develop future fee for service and business opportunities.
5. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural values are promoted
– Increase cultural awareness in mainstream community.
– Ensure ongoing culturally appropriate support is provided to the Aboriginal and Torres StraitIslander community.
Servicing Greater Brisbane (Brisbane City and Brisbane North), Stradbroke and surrounding islands, Moreton Bay region, Deception Bay, Caboolture, Wynnum and Bayside suburbs. Access to our services vary within the region.